[mapserver-users] html legend not working

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 02:28:36 PDT 2015

On 04/08/15 at 08:34am, Rahkonen Jukka (MML) wrote:
> Raffaele Morelli wrote:
>

> > Reply to myself because I've found it's not a mapserver related issue but a geomoose one (no matter about LEGEND and TEMPLATE statements it always produces a png image) .
>
> I don't quite agree.  If GeoMoose is always making the GetLegendGraphic request by using image/png as a format then it is naturally getting a png image back. But so far I have not discovered how to make Mapserver to support html as one of the supported WMS GetLegendGraphic formats and what the WMS client should then use as a format in &format= parameter so there is also a Mapserver related aspect.

I won't say that, doc is very clear about WMS request returning an image:

[quote]
GetLegendGraphic: returns a legend image (icon) for the requested layer, with label(s).
More information on this request can be found in the GetLegendGraphic section later in
this doc.

GetLegendGraphic Request

This request returns a legend image (icon) for the specified layer. The request will draw
an icon and a label for all classes defined on the layer. If the requested layername is a
GROUP-name, all included layers will be returned in the legend-icon.

[/quote]

GeoMoose is doing a WMS request so no error on Mapserver side (and after all) nor on the
GeoMoose one.

TEMPLATE statement works well (returning html legend) when doin a cgi request.

/raffaele

--
«My mama said to get things done
You'd better not mess with Major Tom»