[mapserver-users] Will Mapserver work with newer Microsoft SQL Server Spatial Databases

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 12:17:50 PST 2017

Hi Karsten,

We were running a production system with MS SQL 2012 for 4 years without
any problems. We briefly moved to SQL 2014, and are now on SQL 2016
again without issues.

Tamas Szekeres does a great job of maintaining and improving the MS SQL
driver - https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/blob/master/mapmssql2008.c

The OGR driver also works, but I found it to be much less flexible in
terms of complex SQL and adding filters.

Regards,

Seth