[mapserver-users] MapServer -7-4-0-beta1 Release

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Mon Apr 1 13:47:06 PDT 2019

Yes the examples folder contains sample Perl MapScripts to give an idea of what can be done. The benefit of running them as part of CI is to make sure they are still valid (as a successful script should return a 0). If you are able to add a test suite as well even better!
I don't see any issue using a 3rd party testing library - I presume it can be easily installed as part of the Perl CMakeLists.txt or Travis?
I'm using a non-standard library - pytest for the Python test suite and storing them in https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/tree/branch-7-4/mapscript/python/tests
It makes sense to follow the same strucutre and add any tests in mapscript/perl/tests.
I'm planning on moving the msautotest/mspython tests to mapscript/python/tests in a future release.

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika