[mapserver-users] mapserver 7.4 beta phpng build error

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 06:17:54 PDT 2019

Seth,

I don't think this helps your issue with Travis, but just for the record, I
still can't get PHPNG to build on Ubuntu 18.04. The legacy PHP builds fine.
I've tried building PHPNG on two Ubuntu 18.04 machines with slightly
different PHP configurations (one has PHP 7.2 from the Ubuntu repo, the
other has PHP 7.2 from deb.sury.org). On both I get:

Building C object
mapscript/phpng/CMakeFiles/php_mapscriptng.dir/mapscriptPHP7_wrap.c.o
cc: error:
/rwg/src/mapserver-7.4.0-beta2/build2/mapscript/phpng/mapscriptPHP7_wrap.c:
No such file or directory
cc: fatal error: no input files

ccmake issues the following warnings:

 PHPUNIT_EXECUTABLE              */usr/local/bin/phpunit

 PHP_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE           */usr/bin/php-config

 PHP_LIBRARY                     *PHP_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

I've taken a few guesses at setting paths for PHP_LIBRARY but no luck and I
don't really know what I'm doing.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com