[mapserver-users] probleme mapserver 5.x tutorial

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Mon Feb 25 16:00:33 PST 2019

Hi: In that particular example the states label layer should become:

  LAYER # States label layer begins here
    NAME         states
    DATA         states_ugl
    STATUS       OFF
    TYPE         POLYGON

    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END

    CLASSITEM    "CLASS"
    LABELITEM    "STATE"
    CLASS
      EXPRESSION 'land'
      LABEL
        COLOR 132 31 31
        OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
        SHADOWCOLOR 218 218 218
        SHADOWSIZE 1 1
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        FONT arial-bold
        SIZE 12
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        POSITION CL
        PARTIALS FALSE
        MINDISTANCE 200
        BUFFER 4
      END # end of label
    END # end of class
  END # States label layer ends here

The reason you might want to use a label style is for something like drawing a road shield paired with a road number but that’s not necessary in this particular case. We really do need to update the demo and tutorials for 7.0 and newer versions. The changes are minor but can be frustrating for a new user. Please feel free to reach out as often as you need and I’ll do my best to help!

--Steve