[mapserver-users] Arc symbol.

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Mar 6 07:59:10 PST 2019

Marek,

Landing your data into Postgres/PostGIS enables a bunch of capabilities.  Combined with MapServer as an output/convertor, you can essentially filter to your hearts content as well as reproject to just about any EPSG code with Ease.  We’ve even added to the EPSG lists in PostGIS for our own, custom local coordinate system.

The benefits of using Postgis as a data staging (caching) area far outweigh the extra effort of adding the data in.

bobb