[mapserver-users] Raster Upsampling

Patrick Young patrick.mckendree.young at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 09:17:21 PDT 2021

Hello!

I was curious if it is possible to have mapserver bilinearly upsample a low
resolution raster to a higher resolution when there is no reprojection
required.

My setup is that I have a very low resolution image (a bathymetric layer)
and a much higher resolution image (aerial), both in web mercator.  When I
request a high resolution XYZ tile, the low resolution image remains
pixelated (it looks as if its is nearest neighbor upsampled) at the
raster's native resolution even though I have set in the PROCESSING
directive RESAMPLE=BILINEAR.

I suspect from the docs that RESAMPLE only comes into play when we're doing
on-the-fly reprojection, is that correct?  When no reprojection is
required, but just simpler upsampling, can one change the kernel used?

Many thanks!
Patrick