[MapServer-users] Swig Mapscript Still Fails to Build with PHP 8

b g mapserverlearn at outlook.com
Wed Sep 28 08:48:31 PDT 2022

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your response. It was indeed helpful and gave me something to try out. However, when I try those lines of code, this is what it says:

Looking for PCRE2 tarball...

ls: pcre2-*.tar*: No such file or directory

Could not find tarball matching pattern: pcre2-*.tar*

admin at Administrators-Mac swig-git-master % ./autogen.sh

+ test -d Tools/config

+ aclocal -I Tools/config

./autogen.sh: line 11: aclocal: command not found

admin at Administrators-Mac swig-git-master % ./configure --prefix=/usr

zsh: no such file or directory: ./configure

admin at Administrators-Mac swig-git-master % make

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Are there any other lines that I need to include with those? The first few run just fine (although I needed to replace 'wget' with 'curl'). And does this replace the use of the Github clone for MapServer 8.0? Or is this supposed to be setup in conjunction with MapServer 8.0?

Thanks again for your help,

bg