[VisCom] OSGeo Presentation Template - Draft - Review and Comment by Tues 6/6

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 7 21:59:38 EDT 2006

Mark Lucas wrote:
> I'm all for making sure that we support open file formats and that that
> should be the primary format that we provide.  I think we should
> reconsider the ban on ppt and other proprietary formats.  Our goal is to
> spread the message, most of the people that we want to convince will be
> running office.  I have to admit that I had to go searching for and
> install OpenOffice to read the files as well - most of the business and
> government traffic is in word and ppt.
>
> I'd suggest be make a range of formats available.
>
> Just my two cents...

Mark,

Certainly I'd like to encourage providing distribution presentations in
PDF format as an alternative.  This should be easiliy exported from
Open Office and viewable by anyone.

I must admit that getting Open Office 2 installed has been a wee bit of
a barrier for me as well, though not as annoying a barrier as needing
Microsoft Office would be.

Best regards,