[VisCom] Re: [OSGeo-Board] Eleventh Board Meeting Agenda

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri May 26 10:30:37 EDT 2006

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> rich at richsteele.org wrote:
>> Quoting Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>:
>>
>>> As it stands I would be inclined to defer things for one week.
>>
>> Since the only person who responded to this was Gary (saying he
>> couldn't attend), I am assuming that the friday board meeting will be
>> deferred this week.

Folks,

I'll confirm we won't have a formal board meeting this week.

> Hi,
> not much time to respond... :-)
>
> Maybe it will be possible to have a chat - even if informal - on IRC
> because we have pressing issues regarding booth operation at the
> Intergeo exhibition.

I agree, and encourage board and viscom members to meeting in IRC
at 15:00 UTC (the board meeting time) to discuss Intergeo issues.

> The plan is out and there is an Open Source Park
> reserved and we need to fix who is going to do what and what the role of
> the OSGeo could take on.
> Would the  OSGeo Foundation would consent at being the judge/committee
> regarding which company is committed (enough) to doing Open Source
> ('trustworthy?') so that it can appear in the Open Source Park.

As Dave suggests, I think this is going to be challenging territory, and
well worth some discussion.

Best regards,