[Viscom-dev] [Geotunis] Francophone Tradeshow in Tunis

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Thu Aug 23 11:08:56 EDT 2007

Hi VisCom,

The Francophone Local Chapter try to plan to be present to the Geotunis
[1] trade show. As for the French Trade show Geoevenement, we are
organizing an Open Source Village. The organization is managed by
Camptocamp, and two others French GFOSS companies will be present
(Makina Corpus and 3Liz). Some other will join the OS Village.

We asked for funding to a French collectivity (called UbiFrance) but it
won't be enough to support all the cost. So I am looking for support
from OSGeo to be present to this trade show as I did it for Geoevenement
[2].

Do you think OSGeo could provide help with managing the financial
issues, such as paying booth fees, helping to defray travel costs, etc.?
  I will create an official wiki page soon like for the Geoevenement
trade show as soon as I will get more information about the feasibility.

I could give you a small and quick budget provisional if needed. We will
get more information from UbiFrance in September (around the 5th).

The purpose of this trade show for OSGeo (and OSGeo-fr) is to get some
physical contact with local geomatics worker in order to improve
contributor/members in this area. The promotion of GFOSS seems important
to me. We get more and more messages about GFOSS technologies on French
forum.

Thanks for your answer, best regards,

Y.
[1] http://www.geotunis.org.tn/version-en/index.php (English version)