[Viscom-dev] Re: OSGeo Newsletter

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Feb 22 07:17:44 EST 2007

Hello Tyler & all CCs,

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 18:59, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> I've started a wiki outline for the next edition of the newsletter,
> hopefully we can follow some sort of template.
>
> Please edit/modify this umbrella page:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Newsletter

great - that's very good for organising OSGeo 1/2007.
I changed bits and pieces on the wiki-pages.
We have to discuss the context of each section, to avoid confusion and then
assign each section to one editor.
Tyler, I would propose you as OSGeo-Newsletter head, who announces release,
call for articles and asks each Edt. to be ready in time.... not a lot of
work, "just" to keep the overview ,-)

I would feel more comfortable if the majority of OSGeo-Edt. are not GRASS
users/developers, this might lead to a wrong impression in the OSGeo
community. However I think that this bias will not hamper a broad diversity
of articles.

> I put together a general outline of the kinds of things in the
> newsletter - these are suggestions or observations from last volume
> and are able to change.  But I wanted to identify them somehow so we
> can start to put names and article titles beside them.
>
> Add and details or workflow ideas here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Newsletter_Volume_1

already some announced articles - great!

> We need to identify which areas we need more volunteers  - I put some
> ideas in the section:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Newsletter#Volunteer_Needs
>
> Then we can take that list and mail it out to the broader community
> to solicit help.
>
> Any ideas or discussion??

added them to the wiki

Martin

--
Martin Wegmann

DLR - German Aerospace Center
German Remote Sensing Data Center
@
Dept.of Geography
Remote Sensing and Biodiversity Unit
&&
Dept. of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
University of Wuerzburg
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg

phone: +49-(0)931 - 888 4797