[Marketing] A question to the marketing committee

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses vehrka at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 14:50:26 EST 2009

Hello to everybody.

As the Spanish Local Chapter Liaison Officer, I've been asked to send
you this question:

Hi,

OSGeo-es (OSGeo Spanish Local Chapter) is going to have some
activities at Informatica 2009, a huge event in La Havana, Cuba, next
February. We need some funds to get some t-shirts, materials for an
OpenSteetMaps Mapping Party and some catering for an official
reception with the event organization (a kind of Cuban tradition).

We are thinking about asking our community to donate funds and get a
t-shirt in exchange, in order to help complementing our necessities.
We're are talking of < 1000EU and the idea is just to seem a serious
group of well uniformed OSGeo guys :)

So, we want to ask this committee if there is any problem in asking
our community to donate/buy a t-shirt (with this design [1] more or
less) on behalf of OSGeo-es. Should we ask to the board also?

Cheers
[1] http://geomaticblog.net/files/images/osgeo-es/osgeo-es_ES.jpg

Best regards,

--