[Marketing] Font of OSGeo Logo

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jun 14 19:03:27 EDT 2010

I do agree that we should be using open fonts, but in the context of the
logo an svg seems sufficient. I'm coming from the perspective that the
word OSGeo should not be modified by anyone except for resizing and that
all other words added should be in a different font that we choose,
which of course should be open.

Essentially I'm treating the word OSGeo as a non-editable object ( a
graphic). The only modification of this should be done officially by the
foundation if/when we want to update the logo.

So to clarify, are we talking about "OSGeo" or the font used to put
Project names, chapter names and other modifiers on the page?

Thanks,
Alex