[Marketing] Fwd: OSGEO Track at GITA

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 10 11:33:34 EST 2010

On November 10, 2010 08:01:53 am Peter Batty wrote:
> This probably goes without saying, but obviously it makes sense for the
> FOSS4G Denver team to be engaged in this from a marketing perspective. I
> think as you said it will be a good chance to tempt people back for more at
> FOSS4G later in the year.
>
> I will be at the GITA conference anyway and should be able to help out with
> a talk on this track if needed (I have also heard a rumor that there may be
> a chance of me doing a keynote talk at the main conference but that hasn't
> been confirmed ... if so that would give me a good platform to talk about
> both the OSGeo track and FOSS4G, in the context of the growth in open
> source etc etc).

Excellent, I've started a planning wiki page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GITA_2011
and I've told them that we will take the booth.

I will next put together a call for presentations within our track.

Any thoughts on how to maximise this benefit for FOSS4G are always welcome -
e.g. banner, material, presentations, etc.  We can collect them in the wiki.

Will keep you posted,