[Marketing] Event listing (was: [Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Which 2011 conferences should we distribute OSGeo-Live DVDs at?])

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 29 12:11:27 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-29, at 4:34 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Tyler,
> Is it possible to add extra fields into the feed?

Definitely - can add them anytime.

To add new event items you log into drupal with your osgeo user id:
http://osgeo.org/user

Then add new content through the menu system.  e.g.
http://osgeo.org/node/add

If "Event" is shown as an option there, then you already have permissions.  Let me know.
cc'ing Frank since he and I have traditionally done the event postings.  Adding another person or two would help, we just have to make sure we don't step on each others toes.  We usually cc: each other with any responses to emails from event owners, to let each other know who is posting the item.  If that makes sense...

Tyler