[Marketing] Application for funds

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Wed Apr 4 17:09:31 EDT 2012

Hi Cameron,

What is it you want to convey with your message? ;-)

It is clear that OSGeo does not have the means to sponsor an unlimited number of conferences around the world. However, as in the past, we have sponsored events around the world by providing the starter pack you described. What Willy is asking for is indeed money (or materials if they are already available) for such marketing materials so that we can properly represent OSGeo at local conferences in The Netherlands. I think that's a good cause to "sponsor" out of OSGeo Marketing budget indeed.

We are working on making OSGeo.nl a legal entity which in the long run will allow us to attract local sponsors to support marketing and events. But for now we don't have such entity set up while we are in dire need for marketing materials or funds to have them printed locally.

Cheers,
Jeroen