[Marketing] Draft press release / email re "OSGeo Advocate"

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Thu Jun 21 02:14:54 PDT 2012

On 21.06.2012 10:28, Jo Cook wrote:
> Only that Arnulf is the President rather than the Chair :-)

fixed, plus minor edits (I tend to write FOSS4G in capitals, makes it
stick out better).

> What is involved in "launching"?

I guess basically just the regular press Release Process followed by
tweets, etc.

Cameron,
you named the page "Marketing Committee Press Release 1", which does
not say anything about the content or date. Maybe it makes more sense
to use content in the name, put the date in the title and add a
[[Category:Press Releases]] to make it easier to find in the Wiki. We
could then link back to the Marketing Committee by also adding the
[[Category:Marketing]].

I suggest to move the page to [[Call for OSGeo Advocates 2012-06-21]]
or some such and add the two Categories. But as this is a major change
I leave it for you to decide.

Cheers,
Arnulf