[Marketing] random catchup on sponsorship

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jun 24 10:40:48 PDT 2016

Open Source and/or geospatial.

We can't rule out that some companies/orgs are users of OSGeo projects
internally. Any business that maps their customers potentially is a sponsor.

So it seems some sort of questionnaire (1-4 question), asking about the
above uses could help us weed out sponsors that aren't relevant. Who is
going to be tasked with reviewing sponsors?

Example questions:
1. Why do you want to sponsor OSGeo?
2. What open source geospatial projects do you use?
3. What open source geospatial projects do you contribute to?
etc...

Example scenario, what if some large company sponsors us, but then makes
a public statement that goes against our Code of Conduct with
racist/sexists/etc... remarks. Do we drop them as a sponsor? As per some
voting mechanism?

+1 on this rule needs to not be retro-active but apply to future new and
renewals.

+1 on preference/suggestion for link to company being their page about
their open source and/or geospatial usage.

Thanks,
Alex