[Marketing] two ideas

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri May 13 18:12:50 PDT 2016

*Why not mix the two maps together.  Both the Geo4All and the Events maps.
either as an entierly new map, or as a mashup.  Seems pertinent to see
those layers next to each other.*

The GeoForAll page is not events - it is "labs" :)

*Also seem like it should be tied into the OSGeo news feed as new events
are plotted.*

I was more thinking of past events so we can show event size, and how
effective local chapters are being holding events. I guess if we have a
slider we can default to show upcoming events and let people play with the
slider to review past events.

Idea: I wonder if we could theme the map by local chapter, and have circles
for the events held by each chapter.

(The real idea with the map is to show how our horizontal outreach works,
showcasing the work our local chapters are doing ...)