[Marketing] Astrid Emde would like to join the marketing team with focus exihibition pack

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 16 09:10:53 PDT 2016

Hello Marketing-Committee,

I would like to join the committee and especially work on topic
"Exhibition Pack" & "OSGeo Booth" on conferences.

I organize the OSGeo Booth on FOSSGIS & AGIT every year and would like
to encourage people to make an OSGeo Booth on their event too and help
them to make it easy to setup a booth

Thinks I would like to do:

1. I think we could improve our Marketing wiki pages. There is
information on many pages and often out of date. And also too much
information.

2. Exhibition-Pack
To encourage people to make an OSGeo booth we could provide light weight
material (postcards, sticker, table cloth) that we send to the confernce
team to make a booth.
* It would not cost too much to send the exhibition-pack to people and
would be a nice gesture.
* Hundreds of sticker and postcards are waiting in boxes at my place.
* Flyer can people print on their own. But a nice parcel with first-aid
exhibition pack would be great.
* as a first marketing wave we could send the first-aid exhibition pack
to every local chapter

3. Work on more new marketing material

3.1. Pins
* we could provide OSGeo pins like the pins FOSSGIS e.V. has
** https://www.fossgis.de/w/images/d/de/Fossgis_pin.jpg
** http://www.pinsundmehr.de/prod_pin_sieb/index.php

3.2 Roll-Ups and Table cloth
* improve the design for both

3.3 Flyer
* improve the layout of our OSGeo flyer

3.4 OSGeo-Live
* how can we motivate to use OSGeo-Live on presentation computers, in
workshops..
* production of USb Sticks (?)

Marketing pages to improve...
* http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee
* http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack
* http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Operate_OSGeo_Booth

Excuse when I rush in. I did not follow the list yet so far.
When will be the next meeting of the committee? Who is active in the
committee at the moment?

Astrid
--
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Astrid_Emde