[Marketing] OSGeo at OSCON 2017 -- planning, action needed

Sara Safavi ssafavi at boundlessgeo.com
Mon Apr 3 12:22:23 PDT 2017

*cc'd: Thea Aldrich of LocationTech + Eclipse, co-organizing this booth
effort with me*

Greetings, marketing at lists:

OSCON prep is underway and I have some action items/info needs based on
emails received from OSCON's sponsor liaison. In no particular order:

   - We have one Bronze pass and two Exhibitor passes: we need to
   assign/register these by April 11.
   *ACTION: *what are we doing with these?
   *PROPOSED RESOLUTION: *Thea already has a pass via Eclipse; I'll take
   the Bronze pass & we'll use the other two for part-time volunteers. I bring
   this to the list for discussion just in case anyone disagrees (since the
   passes belong to OSGeo)

   - Scheduled "booth time" is as follows:
   *May 9: TBD? - setup time*

*May 10: 10:00AM - 5:45PM / 5:45PM - 7:00PM (Booth Crawl) *
*May 11: 10:00AM - 4:30PM **NO ACTION NEEDED: *Thea & I will be there all
   week, we are working on recruiting additional part-time booth volunteers
   from the local community now

   - Our booth includes:
   One, draped 4' counter-height table in the OSCON Expo Hall
   (2) Chairs
   (1) Easel-back ID sign printed with organization name.
   *ACTION: *if we want electrical power or internet access, we need to pay
   for this. There will be free wifi but it's not guaranteed to be reliable. I
   don't have cost info yet but can look into it if there's need/budget

   - OSGeo's name, logo, description, link, etc will be posted on the
   website & in the mobile app.
   *ACTION*: need a high-resolution logo and 100-word max description to
   use on OSCON.com

   - General *ACTION*: need help with materials (stickers? banners? fliers?
   etc) for this booth. I've no idea what the status quo is here so any
   information/assistance would be grand.

I'm working on updating
https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=OSCON_2017_Booth today with all the
information I have thus far. If you have questions please ask away, I may
have the answer buried in an email somewhere.

Cheers, all!
Sara