[Marketing] Meeting follow up

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 11:44:26 PDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 6:53 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, I will need to ask some questions then as I am not quite sure how to
> fill in this spreadsheet.
>
> 1. Can I ask Pim Tebbens (the document owner) or  to change the permissions
> so members of the marketing committee can edit (right now allowing anyone to
> edit is keeping me from sharing a link to the document on the mailing list).

Its private again and anyone can request access. Pim can you go ahead
and grant access to those that request. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/a/getinteractive.nl/spreadsheets/d/1KX8Li3DMP5nbrE2QZyw23pAhDzVxsCoQ3x1-XwD_w60/edit?usp=sharing

> 2. The divide between Non-community and Community-stakeholders seems clear.
>
> 3. I cannot figure out from the examples given:
> - USP?

Unique Selling Proposition. What are we trying to say that OSGeo
is/does that is unique specific to this audience. I've edited a bunch
of these now so it should be more clear.

> - Difference between "Which media we can use" and "which channels"?

Check the additional tab for the lists of these. Some of them in the
Channels are irrelevant for marketing purposes.

> 4. Is this spreadsheet needed for tomorrows meeting with GetInteractive?

I think this will have to be an ongoing iterative project to tailor
this carefully for exactly how we want to message for each group and
purpose. Jody, lets both of us do a quick call to go over some of
these and take some notes.

Really grateful for anyone else's input here. I think the time we
invest up front here will pay dividends quickly, so lets not put this
off.