[Marketing] content creation and migration planning

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 23:52:19 PDT 2017

I would also like to discuss content creation and migration. In July and
August I expect we will be gathering details from geoforall labs, osgeo
local chapters, osgeo projects, osgeo committees, osgeo partners, osgeo
sponsors, and a range of service providers.

This seems like a lot of work, and I would like to have a better plan
before recruiting help:

a) Will we be collecting this directly into wordpress? If so when can we
have access?

b) Should we collect into google doc? This worked very well for reviewing
new content.

c) Should we meet teams where they are? Inviting them to update their wiki
pages (or osgeo website pages) before content migration?

d) Jeffrey / Cameron did you have any concreate plans to use 18F/about.yaml
<https://github.com/18F/about_yml>? Or was this an inspirational as a great
way do to things? Technically I like the approach, but I do not know the
details of generating wordpress pages based on about.yaml templates? While
I found some fun reading
<https://18f.gsa.gov/2016/07/11/conversation-about-static-dynamic-websites/>
 comparing technologies
<https://medium.com/civiqueso/how-were-thinking-about-content-management-for-city-government-88f563497096>