[Marketing] OSGeo slide in the OSGeo-Live presentation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 15:09:15 PDT 2017

Marketing committee,

With the OSGeo rebranding, the slide we have in the OSGeo-Live
presentation describing the OSGeo Foundation is looking dated. If we had
20 to 30 secs to describe OSGeo now, how would we do it? (That is about
how much time you get for this slide).

Jody, maybe you can point me to the current elevator spiel text for OSGeo.

The current slide is here:

https://live.osgeo.org/en/presentation/#/2

(press "s" for slide text)

Slide:

Open Source Geospatial
Foundation (OSGeo)
Since 2006 A Non Profit Umbrella for:

GeoSpatial Free and Open Source Software
Education
Open Data

Speaker text:

OSGeo-Live derives its name from the Open Source GeoSpatial Foundation,
or OSGeo for short.

The OSGeo Foundation was set up in 2006 as a non-profit umbrella
organisation to support development and promotion of quality GeoSpatial
Open Source Software and Open Data.

--
Cameron Shorter
M +61 419 142 254