[Marketing] content creation: home page and welcome pages

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 07:53:12 PDT 2017

Jeffrey here is changed text for osgeo.getinteractive.nl:

*Open Source Geospatial*
Our mission is to "empower everyone with open source geospatial". Let us
help you choose an open source technology for you and your team:

   - CHOOSE A PROJECT - guided search to answer the question where do I
   start

*Why open source?*
Open source provides not an alternative but a revolution for the GIS
community. Take control of your future:

   - MIGRATE TO OPEN SOURCE GIS - need someone with industry background to
   write this. Assume we need a stack diagram with commercial and open source
   projects arranged in tiers along with the a couple ways to migrate: 1)
   start new projects with open source, gradual transition 2) hybrid mix and
   match using standards 3) part of a migration to cloud 4) focus on
   transitioning the majority of workforce, leaving small pockets of
   proprietary ...
   - WHAT IS OPEN SOURCE - focus on the basics this is level I
   - CHOOSING OPEN GEOSPATIAL - introduce free and open and apply the
   concepts to open data, open education, open science, ... this is level II

*Join our community*
We are a volunteer organization dedicated to bringing open geospatial to
you. We provide local chapters in your region, a science and academic
network of labs, and an ecosystem of service providers. We look forward to
meeting you.

   - WELCOME - intro to open source and open data, we can cross link
   friends like OSM and some initiatives like UN Open GIS
   - CONNECT WITH LOCAL COMMUNITY - talk about how support works, introduce
   local chapters and service providers, provide on ramp to discover local
   chapter
   - OPEN SOURCE IN RESEARCH AND EDUCATION - intro to open science and open
   education, introduce geoforall labs
   - SERVICE PROVIDERS