[Marketing] Component 3: Print Marketing Collateral Creation Review and Sign-off

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 12:15:02 PDT 2017

Responding to Astrid's request for information about printing:

1. OSGeo-Brochure
> ------------------
> I would like to print new OSGeo Brochures. Is the version at print rady
> the up-to-date one?
> print-ready [6]​
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B022m344wU7hZVJ2YkJYX3FkQkE

The PDF in the above print-ready folder is Letter sized for Boston; is this
size useful for you or do you need this content in A4? We revised some
content based on the fosss4ge code-sprint and fixed many small glitches
during review before Boston printing.

> 2. OSGeo project flyer
> ------------------------
> At print-ready [6]​ there are no project flyer.
> At FOSS4G Printables [7] there are some links to some newer flyer version.
> For the rest I assume that the ones at github are the up-to-date ones.

That sounds correct but we should check:
- checking osgeo_a4.pdf history
<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/commits/master/marketing/print/osgeo_a4.pdf>
shows
Jul 13 modification
- checking osgeo_letter.pdf
<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/commits/master/marketing/print/osgeo_letter.pdf>
history shows Aug 12 modification

Can you check the modification date in the print-ready folder to see if
they are newer?

> 3. Roll-Up
> ---------------
> Are the roll-ups the up-to-date ones at print-ready [6]​
>
> Would be really great to have everything at one place at github.

Yes - that is why we are reviewing in email :)

I am afraid I am confused on these, there were several options of different
sizes being sent around for review.

4. Logos OSGeo
> -------------------
> All OSGeo logo versions should be places at f.e
> https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing/branding/logo
> not at
> https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/incubation

Do you think? Those logos are specific to the incubation process. I was
thinking that I would create a sponsors folder with instructions and
materials for sponsors.

Sorry, on wednesdays when marketing planning takes place I am always still
> working and can't join.

Working is good; is there a time you can meet to review component 3
deliverables? You may also have more options to meet directly with Marc and
Pim.