[MetaCRS] Opportunity for Sharing: Regional ESPG Code Lists

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Tue Jul 8 07:15:11 EDT 2008

Landon Blake a écrit :
> I was thinking about putting together a list of the most commonly used
> EPSG codes for the United States of America. This would include popular
> “global” map projections like UTM. I might even organize the list by
> State. I’d make the list available as a plain text file that could be
> easily parsed. It would probably contain the EPSG code and a user
> friendly name of the CRS. This text file could be parsed by client code
> to build a list box to display to the user. (In Java this would be a
> JListBox.)

This is possible, but maybe not needed since those information are already
available in the EPSG database? The database has a "Domain of validity"
information as a geographic bounding box; GeoTools among other parses and can
use this information. The user friendly name is also provided in the EPSG
database (there is a column for that in the CRS table). A JComboBox filled with
those information is already provided in GeoTools...

	Martin