[MetaCRS] Proj4js 1.0.0 release candidate 1

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:51:26 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Richard Greenwood wrote:
>>
>> Sorry. The MetaCRS list is shown as the proj4js mailing list at:
>>
>> I was not making reference to the MetaCRS steering committee, but
>> rather that proj4js would, at least in my opinion, benefit from a
>> steering committee. Mike and I have been at odds on this project for
>> some time.
>
> Richard,
>
> I understand, but the intention was that we would try and have just
> one MetaCRS PSC to cover all the component projects - mostly just
> resolving issues in case of a failure to reach consensus.

I guess I'm confused. When I declined your invitation to join the
MetaCRS PSC I assumed that the MetaCRS PSC was comprised of
representative(s) of the constituent project PSCs. Proj4js does not
have a PSC.

> I think proj4js would benefit from a third contributor that might act
> as a moderating influence to help reach consensus.  But contributors
> are hard to create out of thin air. :-(

Agreed.

> But my suggestion stands to write up your proposed changes, and if you
> can't reach consensus on the proj4js mailing list (is there one?)

No, the Proj4js wiki lists this list as the Proj4js list.

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com
www.greenwoodmap.com