[MOSS-archives] MOSS at FORCE2021

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 01:34:17 PST 2021

Yes, Carl, you are totally right – MOSS predates commercial GIS
software. Although ESRI was founded in 1969, they released first
commercial GIS software in 1981 [1].

Now only one question remains – why CERL decided to go for a separate
GIS system resulting in GRASS instead of adopting and expanding MOSS?

Māris.

1. https://www.esri.com/en-us/what-is-gis/history-of-gis

trešd., 2021. g. 24. nov., plkst. 02:54 — lietotājs Carl Reed
(<carl.n.reed at gmail.com>) rakstīja: