[Journal] SVN set up started

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat Mar 31 11:47:00 EDT 2007

Martin Wegmann wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 March 2007 20:47, Tyler bivand wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Next will now need to determine a naming convention for our files...
>> any good ideas?
>>

> I would suggest to name it after the first author of the article e.g.:
>
> bivand.tex
> mueller.tex
> etc.
>
> and put all corresponding files into on directory:
>
> /integration
> 	/bivand
> 		bivand.tex
> 		bivand_image1.pdf
> 		bivand_image2.pdf
>
> 	/mueller
> 		mueller.tex
> 		mueller_image1.pdf
> 		mueller_image2.pdf
>
> this way the image links in bivand.tex do not require a new path.
>
> The OSGeo-Journal main.tex requires only the path to the various articles or
> to an intermediate file in /integration where input articles are listed
> (which links to the articles files).
>
> Hence in /root we only have main.tex + /images (for logo etc.) + required sty
> etc. files.
>
> just a suggestion, open for better ideas.

I received Roger Bivand's article on the GRASS-R interface a couple of
days ago, already prepared in latex. He has put into one directory two
tex files and two eps images, as well as a compiled pdf. One file is
called main_document.tex which contains several /usepackage statements,
and it ends with an /include statement for the article itself. The
article text is in a file called Bivand_OSgeo.tex. In this file he has
the /includegraphics statements for the postscript graphics.
This looks to me like a good (neat) convention for file naming. So, just
to add to Martin's directory structure above, may I suggest:
/case_studies
    /bivand
       main_document.tex
       Bivand_OSgeo.tex