[Journal] introduction

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Thu Sep 26 02:18:55 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I just subscribed to this list and was asked to then introduce myself:

I am Barend Köbben. I subscribed to the list because I sort of got
involved in the OSGEO journal via the Academic Track (AT) of FOSS4G 2013.
I am a Chair of that AT and was also part of the 2013 LOC. We are looking
to get 14 of the AT papers published in the OSGEO Journal (explained in a
separate mail in answer to Eli Adam).

In my "official" time I work at the ITC, an international school providing
courses on GIS and Remote Sensing to students from all around the world,
ranging from short courses, through 12 month Professional Master and 18
month MSc degree courses, as well as a PhD programmes. Since 1 January
2010, ITC is a Faculty of the University of Twente.

Here I am at present Senior Lecturer in GIS and cartographic
visualization. My teaching subjects include Cartographic Theory,
WebCartography and WebGIS, Geo-webservices, web application building and
3D visualisation. I am Map Editor and member of the Editorial Board of
Geografie (Journal of Koninklijk Nederlands Aardrijkskundig Genootschap,
ISSN 0926-3837); Charter Member of OSGEO <http://www.osgeo.org/>, the Open
Source Geospatial Foundation; Member of the ICA Commission on Open Source
Geospatial Technologies and Publications Chair (Academic Track of FOSS4G
2013) of this commission in combination with OSGEO;

Yours,

--
Barend Köbben
ITC - University of Twente