[Journal] Proceedings of FOSS4G-2015 Academic Track

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Oct 21 00:42:53 PDT 2015

Hi Christian,

On 10/21/2015 4:18 PM, Christian Willmes wrote:
> Hi Venka,
>
> Do I understand correctly, that you don't want to publish via OSGeo
> Journal, but just a link from the Journal to the PDF?
> In this case, I do not know from where to put the link, suggestions
> welcome.

Yes, you are correct.
If possible, a link to the published proceedings can be shown at
https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal/index
Even under "ANNOUNCEMENTS" in
https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal/index should be fine.
The idea is to let more people know that the Proceedings is available.

> Though, I would suggest to publish the papers from the OSGeo Journal.
> That would provide a clear record (e.g. citation) for each paper. See
> example here:
> https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal/article/view/214

We are presently, arranging for selected papers to be published in
academic journals with peer-review and appropriate suggestion.
We will consider OSGeo journal as one of the options when the
shortlisting of papers is over.

Best

Venka