[Journal] Proceedings of FOSS4G-2015 Academic Track

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 21 01:06:22 PDT 2015

Hi Venka,

I put it under Announcements:
https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal/announcement

I you want, you can provide a more elaborate announcement text, and I
will replace or add to the current text.

@All: I am not sure of putting a link to the PDF on the frontpage,
because it is not a OSGeo Journal publication. For me its fine to put it
there, but what should the link text say?

Cheers,
Christian

Am 21.10.2015 um 09:42 schrieb Venkatesh Raghavan:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On 10/21/2015 4:18 PM, Christian Willmes wrote:
>> Hi Venka,
>>
>> Do I understand correctly, that you don't want to publish via OSGeo
>> Journal, but just a link from the Journal to the PDF?
>> In this case, I do not know from where to put the link, suggestions
>> welcome.
>
> Yes, you are correct.
> If possible, a link to the published proceedings can be shown at
> https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal/index
> Even under "ANNOUNCEMENTS" in
> https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal/index should be fine.
> The idea is to let more people know that the Proceedings is available.
>

>> Though, I would suggest to publish the papers from the OSGeo Journal.
>> That would provide a clear record (e.g. citation) for each paper. See
>> example here:
>> https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal/article/view/214
>
> We are presently, arranging for selected papers to be published in
> academic journals with peer-review and appropriate suggestion.
> We will consider OSGeo journal as one of the options when the
> shortlisting of papers is over.
>
> Best
>
> Venka
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Christian
>>

>> Am 21.10.2015 um 06:25 schrieb Venkatesh Raghavan:
>>> Hi Christian,
>>>
>>> The Proceedings of the FOSS4G Seoul 2015 have already
>>> been published and available at [1];
>>>
>>> Other details that you requested
>>>
>>> - Names of the Editors: Venkatesh Raghavan and Kang Woo Nam
>>>    Supported by the FOSS4G Seoul 2015 Academic Track Committee
>>> (http://2015.foss4g.org/about/committees/)
>>> - Title of the Volume:  Proceedings of FOSS4G Seoul 2015
>>> - The Full Papers as single PDFs 436pages (135MB)
>>> -  ISBN 979-11-956097-0-3 (PDF)
>>>
>>> I am attaching PDF of cover page and page 6 of the Proceedings where
>>> the
>>> main organizers are listed.
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Venka
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://www.meci.co.kr/societyevent/FOSS4G2015/download/FOSS4G%20PROCEEDINGS%20ver2.pdf

Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234
Fax.: +49 (0)221 470 2280
http://www.geographie.uni-koeln.de/willmes-christian.695.en.html
http://www.sfb806.de