Fwd: [Australia] Hello

Shoaib Burq saburq at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 17:47:10 PST 2007

forgot the cc the list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shoaib Burq <saburq at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 22, 2007 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Australia] Hello
To: "Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au" <Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au>

Bruce

nice to hear from someone in my neighborhood. I am afraid one of the
challenges with OS-Geo has been the number of disparate technologies
developed independently. Getting them to work together as a stack
("GeoStack") is not without heartache. But one of the goals of
OSGeo.org is to fill this need.

The basic stack can be divided into 3 tiers:
Client, Application Server and Database. within the OS Geo community
there are a number of options for each of these tiers depending on
what you are trying to achieve.

You know what might be cool is to meetup to discuss this over a coffee
if you are free (much nicer than typing this). I work in the Melbourne
city and I assume you are in the DPI office in the city too. We can
also discuss how to further the OSGeo cause in Melbourne.

Give me a ring if you are up for it, my work hours are quite flexible:
0431-850039

Shoaib Burq
--
nomad labs pty ltd