[Aust-NZ] Local Chapter report

Rob Atkinson robatkinson101 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 15:37:20 PDT 2008

The Spatial Information Services Stack project under the National
Collaborative Research Infrstructure Strategy looks to deliver a more
coherent stack of open source implementations for spatial data
infrastructures by taking existing best-of-breed options and bringing
them up to a point where there are tested end-to-end implementations
of data storage, through services, clients and discovery functions.
This will mean closer attention to support for agreed community data
schemas, and common metadata held in shared registries used by each
tier.

Rob Atkinson