[OSGeo Oceania] membership - elections - AGM

Alister Hood alister.hood at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 05:53:46 PDT 2019

Hi everyone, I've been following this from a distance, but I now can't
remember if there was any real discussion of what it might look like
to be hijacked by "bad actors".  Has it happened to similar
organisations?  If the requirement to be a charter member is simply to
participate on an email list, does the two-tier membership really
provide any protection?  Are there other mechanisms that might help
protect against the bad actors?  I'm guessing a mechanism involving
the parent Osgeo is unlikely when we are talking about a local legal
entity...
I confess I'm still not sure I understand what Osgeo Oceania is likely
to actually do, which would affect these questions.

Regards,
Alister