[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo Oceania Board Terms of Reference Update for Review

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 01:16:53 PDT 2020

Hi Trisha

Thanks - for a board 'general business list' I reckon the ideal is 'anyone
can subscribe, but only specific people can post without moderation - and
all archives are open'. Mailman has plenty of power to vary a subscribers
posting power as needed. We can get all these switches flicked on
oceania-board easily, there's only a small task to audit the archives for
anything which meets in-camera requirements.

A few OSGeo lists operate this way, including giving and taking power for
unmoderated posting to individuals as required for specific discussions.

I think clear identification of the circumstances for in-camera discussion
is great, thanks!

We still need to add this list as means of communication - I've added
suggestions to the linked doc.

Regards,

Adam