[OSGeo Oceania] Budget for FY 2021/2022

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:45:49 PDT 2021

Hope you don't mind a comment / thought from outside! :-)

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 at 12:38, Edoardo Neerhut <eneerhut at gmail.com> wrote:

> I share Greg's views that a separate pool of funds for each hub starts to
> undermine the potential of OSGeo Oceania, particularly for locations where
> it is hard to raise funds.

Having been involved with raising funds for volunteer groups, could I share
a thought or two?

I agree that if Outer Black Stump, or a tiny Island nation, have raised at
least some of the funds to do something, they won't be happy to see those
funds go back to the National body as part of Consolidated Revenue (even if
they're earmarked for more similar functions).

A possible solution? (& apologies if it's already been discussed &
rejected!)

How about OO provides funds of "$5000" to do "this", which is held & run so
successfully that it brings in $6000. The original $5000 get's returned to
OO with thanks, & the profit is kept locally to be used for further
activities?

Workable?

Thanks

Graeme