[OSGeo Oceania] Oceania participation in FOSS4G 2021

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 18:32:34 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

*TLDR: Do we want to organise an Oceania session for FOSS4G 2021?*

An opportunity has been presented to us by Malena Libman and the FOSS4G 2021
<https://2021.foss4g.org/> organising team to have our own session at this
year's conference. She asked John Bryant if this is something we are
interested in. FOSS4G 2021 takes place from September 27th to October 2nd
which is over a month before our regional conference is planned.

The details are hazy and seem very much up to us, but the general idea is
that we would have room to organise activities specific for our time zone.

*Is this something we're interested in and what would we like to do?*

Our number one priority is FOSS4G SotM Oceania, but do we have room to do
something here as well? One idea would be to open a call for presentations
once we know details on the allocated time. This would be minimal work, but
would give people from our region a chance to present at the global
conference.

Keen for input.

Thanks,

Ed