[OpenDroneMap-users] question about resolution and camera orientation

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Wed Feb 25 08:02:17 PST 2015

Hi Anna,

Matching should be parallelized. What are you running it on
(hardware/hosting, OS)? Just Bundler should be single-threaded, if memory
serves (not that memory always serves). My general recommendation is throw
as much resources as possible. All the test datasets will process in a
couple hours or less on a 32GB RAM digital ocean machine, which costs about
$2 to run. I also have a workstation I do testing on which has 12
processors and 32GB of RAM plus an SSD RAID. That is a pleasant machine to
run datasets on. I know many have had success with larger Amazon instances
as well -- perhaps someone on the list can speak to those experiences.

As a point of contrast, running on a VM on my ultra-book is an exercise in
frustration. :)

If it is a dataset you can share, I can run some tests and see if I am
seeing similar issues.

Cheers,
Best,
Steve