[OpenDroneMap-users] Multicore/SMP performance

StuartL opendronemap at livings.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 06:51:40 PDT 2017

Thanks, Piero.  That explains all.  FTR setting that to 4 worked for me
and didn't hang up.  Admittedly I'm only use four cores so any SMP race
conditions/deadlocks etc are much less likely to affect me than someone
running on 64 cores.

Very impressive results, 82 photos taken at 3m intervals, 30m altitude
using a Phantom 3 Advanced.

Out of curiosity: If I take photos with non-vertical orientation, e.g.
pointing the camera sideways or at an angle, can ODM automatically
integrate the results and avoid the voids under overhangs?

I'm so impressed with this software and thank the developers for it.  If
I had one wish it would be to get slightly higher resolution results.
Some of the detail from the original photos is lost in the textured
mesh.  Is this a tunable parameter or a limitation of the current
implementation?

Stuart