[OpenLayers-Dev] GML Help: differentiating properties of SVG layers and get access to elements

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 05:49:50 EST 2006

The vector code is still in heavy development at the moment, so
everyting that you try today might change tomorrow.

At the moment, I don't think the style object is used by the renderer
yet. Maybe you would like to help us write it?

I think Bertil and Paul Spensor are working on this part. I suggest you
log onto IRC: irc://freenode.net#openlayers if you want to help. (I'm
about to go to bed, but look out for Bertil and Pierre in the European
time zone).

Maurizio Boscaini wrote:
> I'am using the vector files in the sandbox and I've two questions:
>
> 1. I want to put on a map two GML layers with different strokeColor,
> I've tried writing:
>
>                 layer1.renderer.style.strokeColor = "green"
>
> but this affects also layer2 not only layer1 when the map is painted
>
> 2. I'd like to differentiate with strokeColor or different markers not
> only two different layers but also different elements in the same layer,
> is it possible? Can I get access to the SVG DOMs of the layers?
>
> someone can help me?
>

> mauri
>
> ps. thanks to all developers for their great job!

Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net