[OpenLayers-Dev] WMS, Mapserver and OpenLayers

Bradley Mclain bradleym06 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:11:13 EDT 2007

What I am trying to do is import content from my mapserver into OpenLayers.

I am starting to think from experimentation that the problem has something
to do with my projection. If I do not give a projection in my layer
definition in OpenLayers and rely simply on the projections given in my
mapfile I get a projection error. If i do specify one I simply get a white
screen.

Now i have checked my projection details in proj4 and I am 99% sure they are
correct but they are not very standard values, maybe OpenLayers does not
support them. Value is EPSG:28355

I tried again to manually import the data using the mapserver layer option
and had some success. The layers actually displayed, which is the best
result I've had so far. However there is still a problem, they are rather
poor quality and the tiles to not align for some reason.