[OpenLayers-Dev] Vector layers seem to block mouseover/mouseout events from lower Marker layers

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 14:47:48 EDT 2007

Hi,

On 7/19/07, Erik Uzureau <erik.uzureau at metacarta.com> wrote:
> A workaround for this might be using that Image-as-Vector thing that
> someone added as a patch just recently?

You mean [1]? If all bitmap image rendering is done inside SVG/VML
instead of HTML, it should indeed work to handle events on layers
below a vector layer. But only if there is no graphic object "in the
way". So if you click eg. on a vector polygon, the event still will
not bubble through. I do not know if this can also be changed by
different event handling.

So what would have to be done is to move all layer rendering in
OpenLayers into a single SVG/VML container. This would also be a huge
step towards the solution of [2].

Regards,
Andreas.

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/736