[OpenLayers-Dev] Performance question

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Mon Jul 30 04:04:22 EDT 2007

> > The primary issues with supporting this are not issues that can be
> > solved on the client side.
>
> WMS layers from the same server can be told to composite on the WMserver
> ... if they were managed in the layer switcher as separate layers the
> user would get the controls but not the quick switch ... but much fewer
> images requested from the servers... it is about creating a good illusion.
> These comma separated layers could be listed individually or like
> subfolders in a tree

Actually quick switching from the same WMS server would be feasible if
we allow the interface to move up and down wms layers inside the same OL
layer.
Then we just need to refresh the OL layer.

All this is still colliding with TileCache or ka-Map cache as it is make
poor sense to store/cache all layer combinations from one server.

ciao
Lorenzo