[OpenLayers-Dev] VML Rendering of point data

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Oct 1 16:22:42 EDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 10:10:02AM -0700, fporc7ji wrote:

> Hi Chris --
>
> I posted the files again, this time without the entire build. You should be
> able to paste into any OL2.5 build.

Frank --

I just grabbed the example KML file from this, and loaded it into the
SVN build in the kml-layer. It looks exactly the same in IE6, IE7, and FF.

You can see the output at:

http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/crschmidt/kml/examples/kml-layer.html

It is possible (though unlikely) that this is something we fixed in SVN,
but is not fixed in 2.5RC3. (I don't have the resources to go back
through the RCs testing at this time.) If it is, then that's fine, and
we'll need to figureo ut what it was and get it pulled up. However, to
the best of my knowledge, we have made no significant changes in
rendering in the time since we released 2.5RC3, so I can't imagine this
being the case.

If you can view the URL above and let me know if it's causing you
problems, that would be great. I've had another user with IE confirm
that he is unable to reproduce any differences between IE and FF either.