[OpenLayers-Dev] Code Sprint: SLD

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:31:25 EDT 2007

Chris,

On 10/2/07, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> So, I would like to see at least a few tests before we bring it back
> into trunk:
>  * Minimal constructor tests for any new classes
>  * A test or two for each of the Rule.Foo subclasses, if possible
>  * A minimal test for pulling in SLD.
>   * Do we write out SLD from rules? if so, a round-trip test would be
>     nice to have too -- read in, write out, compare to expected
>     results.
>
> Nothing too complex -- just enough to build a framework so that future
> bugfixes can build on top of it.

I will create these tests, hopefully today. Pierre already built the
minimal test for pulling in SLD in the Format.SLD test. We do not yet
write out SLD, so the round trip test will have to wait until someone
implements the write method. But, with the new way of storing the
rules, write() should be easier to do than with the eval stuff before.

Regards,
Andreas.