[OpenLayers-Dev] status of translation possibilities

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:23:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to ask about the status of OpenLayers language support.
There are not many strings, which could be translated, however, some are
there and IMHO we should (de)find a way, how to make this possible. Was
there some discussion to this topic?

IMHO, new map attribute "lang" should be defined, as well as new method
OpenLayer.Util.getOLString("English text") (or similar).

Any suggestions? Should I write something like this? Is there already
some code out there?

Thanks

Jachym
--