[OpenLayers-Dev] jslint cleanup committed

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Fri Oct 19 13:30:26 EDT 2007

Hey-

Paul Spencer wrote:

> for the record, I did fix the above warnings in Rico/* and did NOT touch
> firebug.  As Tim indicates, it doesn't affect the final build.  As of
> now, the final full build is 'lint free' with my current settings, which
> makes me very happy :)  I may look at some of the other settings to see
> if there is anything else we could potentially benefit from in the newer
> version of jslint which I discovered last night ...

Paul, I'd also be interested in the result of disallowing use of
undefined variables.  Perhaps you already talked about this and I missed it.

What would be really cool is if jslint could be tweaked to look for
variable assignment outside of the OpenLayers namespace - something we
occasionally stumble across and have no way of testing for.  (I know a
case where window.i == 2 and I cannot figure out why.)  This might even
be caught by the "no undefined variables" filter if it is initialized
without the var keyword (which is likely).

Tim